After a few months of transitioning, I think I’ve finally come to the point where I know which products I like for Diva and which I don’t. It took some trial and error but I have some staples and I’m sure as my hair changes some of the staples will change, but for now I NEED them.
Products To Ditch:
1) Curl Care by Dr. Miracle’s Rehydrating Shampoo- it doesn’t have the lather I need to make my hair feel clean. I do like the tingly sensation in my scalp,though.
2)Aphogee Leave-In-Conditioner: It’s too watery and I prefer a creamier product. It’s great for spritzing in the hair,though.
3)castor oil- It’s a very heavy oil and makes my hair feel greasy but it does thicken the hair. I might leave it alone for a little while because my hair is thick enough for now.
4)Eco-Styler Olive Oil Gel- I am addicted to hair gel and I left it alone for awhile but went back to it and the gel just started flaking on my hair. It has good hold though.
5)Curls Unleashed Second Day Curl Refresher- I feel like it just sits on my hair and I think I’ll hand it down to Amani. It also has a stickiness to it I don’t like.
1) ORS Hair Mayo- It’s a good protein conditioner and really reminds me of mayonnaise !
2)ORS Hair Masque- This is one of two deep conditioners I LOVE!
3)ORS Replenishing COnditioner- I like this conditioner because it’s my fave color and smells like lemons. It’s creamy as well and sometimes I use it as a prepoo.
4)ORS Uplifting Shampoo- My fave for removing calcium buildup and it lathers perfectly and leaves a tingly feeling in my scalp. It last me a long time because I only use it monthly (sulfate is in it).
5)ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo- another monthly only shampoo that I like. It removes all the stylers I’ve used that month.
6)ORS Curls Unleashed Lavish in Lather sulfate free shampoo- exactly what it says, lots of lather and I can use it weekly.Sometimes I even use it as bubble soap for Amani’s bath,lol
7)ORS Smooth-N-Hold Pudding- great for ponytails which I’m always in. I am trying to use it in replace of gel. It’s diffult to get my new growth to behave using it but I like it for the rest of my hair
8)ORS Incredibly Rich Oil moisturizing lotion- It’s creamy just how I like it and it keeps my hair moisturized for days!!
9)coconut oil- makes my hair all shiny
11) lavender oil- I only use this right now for Amani’s bath massages and as an oil in her bath. I also use it to help me get to sleep
12) Creme of Nature w/ Argan Oil Moisturizer- it’s new to me and I used it to baggy my hair and it did great!
13) Curls Unleashed Curl defining Creme- My absolute fave styling product. It is perfect for Amani’s twistouts and mine too.
14)ORS HAIRepair Intense Moisture Creme- the moisture is so good but the jar is so small
15) ORS HAIRepair Anti-Breakage Creme- obvious breakage problems so most of the time I use it for L.O.C.
16) ORS HAIRepair Nourishing COnditioner- it gives excellent slip and smells like bananas