Its been some time since I tried something new. I hate long drawn out explainations to recipes so I’ll be brief. I was bored with dinner, hit Pinterest for something new, Amani was next to me and pointed at the chicken parm pasta recipe from Damn Delicious. That’s it! Here is yhe recipe:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 pound penne
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1) Salt and pepper your chicken.
2) Pour tomato sauce into crockpot as well as the spices and onion. Stir.
3) Place chicken into mixture and set pot to low 4 hours.
4) Cook pasta according to directions on package. Shred chicken then pour pasta on top. Add cheese.
5) Let cheese melt about 20 minutes or so and voila!
I loved this recipe! It was filling and I had 2 days worth of leftovers. My family enjoyed the chicken with the pasta which is something we dont normally put together.I added an extra hour to cook time because I had HUGE pieces of chicken breast and I really wanted it to be tender.I accidentally use diced tomatoes instead of sauce, but once I realized my error, I added a jar of pasta sauce 3 hours in. I think I will keep the addition of the tomatoes because it was just sooo good! I will be adding this dish to the rotation. Id you are a visual learner, there is a video of the recipe being made and it really is simple. I wish I would have added a touch more salt. Gonna give this recipe 3/4 crockpots.