9I first tried stuffed peppers while staying in a hotel during Hurricane Sandy in 2012. From then I promised to try making them myself one day. And thanks to Pinterest, that day came. I did a quick broadcast of it and you can find it here.
I got the recipe from Mommy Hates Cooking and I chose it for its simple ingredients. I did skip the green onion only because I am just unwilling to try it. Enjoy and let me know your own stuffed green peppers recipes in the comments.
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef Uncooked
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet or Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Uncooked Rice
- 3 Green Onions sliced
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans
- Shredded Cheese
1.Spray cooker with cooking spray.
2. Cut tops off peppers but keep then remove seeds.
3.Mix together all ingredients except cheese. Stuff peppers with mixture, replace pepper tops.
4. Put in 1/4 cup water at bottom of cooker. Cook on low 8 hours
5. Remove pepper tops,put cheese on top, allow it to melt and serve.
After plating, the pepper fell apart. The long cook time is at fault so next time I might cook the rice before hand,then lower cook time.
For 6 peppers to fit choose smaller peppers,I chose a couple large ones so I ciuld only fit 5. I had mixture left over.
It was a very hearty meal,despite not many ingredients. Was a hit with the family and I will make it again.
*AFFILIATE LINKS USED*